Each one of our team members plays an essential role in keeping the agency a well-oiled machine. In our ‘meet the team’ series, we share insights into the lives of the talented individuals that make up our Yoghurt Digital family.
1. What do you do at Yoghurt Digital?
I work in the client services team as an Account Manager, working closely with the SEO, Biddable and UX teams to ensure our clients are getting the best results across their projects.
2. If you weren’t doing that, what would you be doing?
If I wasn’t working in digital marketing, I would love to work as a barista again. I’m a HUGE fan of coffee and used to work as a barista a few years back – it was great fun learning all about the different types of coffee beans and the best way to serve them.
3. What does a typical day look like for you?
A typical day for me would start with checking my emails, then I’d look at my calendar to see what meetings I have for the day, and from there, I’ll make a to-do list. This typically consists of checking on client performance first and checking in with the specialists to ensure tasks are still on track to be completed.
4. What is your favourite thing about working at Yoghurt Digital?
The people! I am so happy that I get to work with such a fantastic group of people every day. Since starting at Yoghurt back in February this year, all the team have been SO unbelievably supportive, and I have learnt so much from them.
5. What are the values that drive you in work and life?
The values that drive me are wanting to help my clients, work colleagues and helping friends achieve their goals.
6. What do you enjoy doing outside of work?
Outside of work, I love to spend my time at the beach or at home. I try to stay active by practising yoga, surfing, walking or working out. I also bought a house with my partner a few years ago, and since then, nothing makes me happier than pottering around the house, doing some gardening, cleaning or reading a book.
7. What are your top 3 favourite books, podcasts or movies?
- Any book written by Harlan Coben. He’s a crime mystery novel writer and I have been reading his books since I was 14. I think I have now read 10 of his books in total … maybe more!
- The best movies would have to be the Harry Potter films. They’re honestly so magical and transport me back to my childhood.
- As for my favourite podcast, that’s changed over time. At the moment it’s Saturn Returns by Caggie Dunlop, which covers the transitional phase of your late 20s into your 30s (which is very relevant to me right now).
8. What’s the best advice you have ever received?
Treat others how you want to be treated. I believe you should always treat people with the same respect and kindness you would like to receive.
9. What’s your favourite restaurant in Sydney?
A little pizza restaurant in Manly called Pocket Pizza. Get the Funghitown and thank me later.
10. You’re on a deserted island and can only listen to one album for the rest of your days. Which one would you pick?
Arctic Monkeys AM album, hands down – or any Arctic Monkeys album, really. I could listen to them for hours.
11. What’s your favourite place in the world and why?
My favourite place in the world would have to be home in Yorkshire, England. There is no better place to take long walks across the open fields and to snuggle up by the fire at my parent’s place with a cup of tea and some biscuits… Well, that’s my idea of heaven anyway.
12. What’s the best meal you’ve ever had?
Hmm, wow, this is hard – so many options. I would probably have to say nothing beats my Mum’s roast dinner on a Sunday afternoon at home in the UK. Beef, chicken or pork – the woman really knows how to cook a tasty roast.